In October 2020, the Tech4Good SWFL monthly meeting was about Volunteer Management & Tools with Julia Vallera as expert speaker.
Julia Vallera is a Technology and Instructional Design Consultant and was the lead researcher on Idealware’s report on “Recruiting Nonprofit Volunteers: The Landscape of Platforms and Services”
Julia Vallera explored with us all aspects of Volunteer Recruiting and Management. We also discussed forms of online training and self-paced onboarding for volunteers.
The event was less a presentation and more moderated Q & A with lots of audience participation. Your ideas and questions will drive the discussion.
Tech4Good Meeting recording is available on YouTube
- October 2020 #nptechedu: 49 online technology events for nonprofits
- Next meeting: Nov 3 – Do I need a professional tech or can I do it myself? Tech4Good SWFL Sign-up to be notified
Note: Meetup.com space will disappear. If you want to stay connected and continue participating, you will need to sign up at the Tech4Good SWFL site
- Julia Vallera on LinkedIn
- Report: “Recruiting Nonprofit Volunteers: The Landscape of Platforms and Services” (free in exchange for email and some data)
- Webinar recording: Technology for Recruiting Volunteers (free in exchange for name + email)
Local Volunteer Matching sites
Networks and aggregators
- Cities of Service (www.citiesofservice.org)
- Points of Light,
- Idealist, and
- GIS Corps
- Skype (www.skype.com) or
- Zoom (www.zoom.us)
- Meetup.com (www.meetup.com),
- Eventbrite (www.eventbrite.com),
- SignUp Genius (www.signupgenius.com), or
- RSVPify (rsvpify.com).
Target with Google Ads, Google Ad Grants program
- How to Create a Volunteer Handbook for Your Nonprofit
- VolunteerMatch has a robust learning and help center that focuses on assisting organizations with the recruitment process.
- Volunteer Management Progress Report 2020 by Volunteer Pro.
- National Awareness and Giving Days.
- Post: What Young Volunteers Want From Your Nonprofit
Partners of VolunteerMatch
Other Volunteer Matching Sites
Volunteer Management Tools: Software
This is just a tiny list of volunteer management tools. The trend is to use the organization’s CRM system to for volunteer management
Corporate Volunteer Corps:
Articles on Volunteering
- A Look at America’s Widespread Decline in Volunteering in Cities and States, School of Public Policy University of Maryland, October 2018
- The Benefits of Volunteering Get Renewed Attention, Nonprofit Quarterly, Chelsea Dennis, February 2019
- Google.org’s Fellowship Program Doubles Down on Skilled Volunteering, Danielle Holly, January 2019
- Estimated National Value of Each Volunteer Hour by State, Independent Sector
- What Your Volunteers Need to be Happy, The Balance
- Is Micro volunteering Right for Your Nonprofit?, Guide Star
- Micro volunteering: The Magic of Engaging Time-Strapped Supporters in Meaningful Nonprofit Tasks, Nonprofit Quarterly