In Episode #6 Birgit and Jim discuss Online Fundraising. Birgit begins by telling us about the most successful types of fundraising in 2015. She breaks it down into five different ways to raise funds. Jim then recommends some strategic questions nonprofit organizations should explore before they even think about software.
Birgit then describes the history of third party vendor software for online payment systems and the dangers of having a payment systems provider having total access to donor information. She then discusses specific product information from WordPress plugins to complete donor management systems that a nonprofit can use to bring the entire process in-house.
Jim then explains the shiny Donate Now button and what organizations should know about their legal responsibilities. Birgit concludes the session by reminding our listeners that using a third party service to help with the fundraising does not absolve the organization from registering as charities in states within which they solicit funds.
Discussed: NPTech Projects Programs & Articles
- WP4Good Club Subscription
- Donate Now Button a Problem? by Jim O’Reilley
- Why do you need clean data? by Jim O’Reilley
- Better Stories with Data by Jim O’Reilley
Resources mentioned on Online Fundraising Tools
- Network For Good: Online Giving Index
- Capterra: Top Donation Mangement Software Products
- WordPress Plugin: Charitable by Studio164a
- WordPress Plugin: GiveWP by WordImpress
- Network for Good: Fundraising Software for Small Nonprofits
- Classy: All in one Fundraising
- Open-Source all in one CiviCRM – Centralize, Build, and Engage your Constituents
NPTech Projects META
Next: Connecting your website to Social Media Networks
Send in your ‘burning social media question
Subscribe to our podcast on your most favorite network: