In the 4th podcast for NPTech Projects, Birgit Pauli-Haack and Jim O’Reilley discuss Nonprofit SEO Technology in the 21st Century – Onsite
Birgit gives us some SEO history, and tells why word stuffing no longer works.
They describe what things you can do as a content producer, as a content provider, and as a blogger, to ensure your blog post, webpage performs well and gets found on the search engines.
Birgit & Jim have easy to understand examples, a few tales from the early days, and conclude with a few good habits you can start so every time you publish another piece of content, you know you did your best to make it shine on the Internet and benefit the visibility of your organization on Google.
Once in awhile you need a reminder to see if your content is performing well, so you will hear about tools to test your own website and also and the ones of your competitors.
This episode is about the SEO on site you do on your own site. A future episode will cover, off site SEO, link Building, promotion, guest blogging etc.
Stories & Links Discussed:
- Story about Marcus Sheridan: A Revolutionary Marketing Strategy: Answer Customers’ Questions
- WPTavern – WordPress Weekly Episode #244 – Myths Lies and the truth of SEO with Rebecca Gill
- The Search Engine Journal 2016 Guide to Keywords.
- SearchEngine Land’s Guide to SEO
- SEO for Writers (Relevanza)
- WhiteBoard Friday (Moz)
- Google’s SEO Starter Guide
- Google Speed Test
- Plugin: “Seriously Simple Podcasting” by Hugh Lashbrooke and Jake Spurlock.
NPTech Projects META
Next Episode: #5 Google Analytics recorded October 14, 2016 w/ Yesenia Sotelo of SmartCause Digital
Listen to Episode #3: Getting started with your Organization’s Website